- Customer – means any person, or authorised representative of the person or legal entity making the purchase
- Company – means The Lock and Handle ABN 44 675 908 201
- Supply and Delivery of Goods
- Goods will be supplied and delivered to an address supplied by the customer.
- If the Customer makes any mistakes in ordering or requires replacements for items damaged by anyone other than the Company, replacements parts will be sent out in accordance to 2.1. and the items will be charged to the Customer.
- Return of items not required by the Customer as a result of no fault by the Company shall only be accepted with prior arrangement and a credit for items will be made. Items accepted with this arrangement must be in ‘as new’ condition including all packaging. Damage to products or packaging will not be accepted. The Customer will organise delivery to the Company at their cost. The customer will also incur the shipping cost that was paid by the Company to send the goods in the first instance. Some items that cannot be returned include but are not limited to the following:
- Products which have been keyed alike or altered specifically for the Customer
- Items ordered from one of the Company’s supplier specifically for the Customer – commonly referred to as ‘special order’
- Items that have been installed or used.
- If replacement parts are required because of faulty products, then the customer will not incur any costs in replacement or shipping of the items.
- Whilst the Company endeavours to effect deliveries or execute orders by the requested date, the Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including, without limitation, special or consequential loss or damage) caused directly or indirectly by any early delivery or delay or failure to deliver.
- The Company reserves the right to make delivery in instalments and invoice each instalment separately.
- The Company will set aside goods on receipt of Purchase Order from the Customer. The Company will endeavour to deliver the order on the date specified by the Customer.
- Invoices will be attached to the goods.
- It is the Customers responsibility to check the goods on delivery and to report any errors or omissions or potential warranty issues within 21 calendar days via email (that can be found on the website)
- All items are to be fixed by hand and not with power tools.
- Broken screws do not constitute faulty goods as they can only be broken with the use of power tools and is in breach of item No.10
- The Company takes every care to package goods in such a way that damage cannot be caused due to normal shipping conditions. Chipped or scratched items are usually the cause of poor handling after delivery. The Company will replace genuine faults, however the Customer should be aware that the Company does have extensive experience and knows the difference between pre-damaged goods and post-damaged goods.
- Dimensions of products are a guide only and should not be used to do any cutouts. All dimensions and templates should be checked with the actual product prior to installation. All responsibility for differences in dimensions will be born by the Customer.
- Return of faulty or incorrect goods will be organised by the Company
- For shipments going to countries other than Australia, the Customer is responsible for the payment of any local duties taxes and/or regulatory costs or the like as required in the relevant country.
- For Australian customers: If you select Free Shipping, please note that the courier will leave parcel on site if no one is there to receive it. You can leave instructions in the “Order Notes” section. Otherwise please choose a different shipping method.
- Items marked “Restocking fees apply” = Items may be returned within 21 days but will incur 30% restocking fee and any
Items marked “Special Order” = These items are a special order and cannot be returned
All other returnable items must be in ‘as new’ condition including the packaging and must be returned at the customers
expense within 21 days of purchase. Any shipping costs that have been incurred will be deducted.
- The Company reserves the right to vary the prices from time to time.
- The Customer will be informed with a minimum of 1 calendar month prior to changes in prices unless the price is reduced.
- Only new orders received by the Company after the date of the price increase will be charged at the new prices.
- All prices shown are in Australian dollars and include Goods and Services Tax.
- The Customer will pay the Company before products are shipped or made ready for collection.
- All items delivered will remain the property of the Company until payment has been received in full.
- Payments by the Customer will be made using electronic means such as Secure Credit Card Payment Gateway or be deposited to the Company’s bank account. Bank details are:
- BSB = 033174
- Account Number = 348008
- Name of Account = The Lock and Handle
- The Company guarantees all its products in accordance with state and federal consumer laws within Australia.
- The Company warrants that each of its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship.
- All products other than from local suppliers, carries a 5 year mechanical warranty and 12 months for finishes subject to the limitations listed below:
- Matte black finish is subject to polishing by normal use. The parts of items which come into contact most will become shinny over a period of time. No warranty against this effect is given as it is inevitable.
- Matte black finish shows marking easily so marks made by anything other than normal use will be exempt from any warranties. Rings and other abrasive elements are not considered normal use.
- Exposure to elements is not warranted unless stated on the product page. If unsure, please check with us.
- No finishes are warranted in marine environements. Marine environments are all areas within 10km of a beach or other salt water body.
- All items are only warranted within normal use. Excessive force or use will not be covered by this warranty.
- Intellectual Property
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that all intellectual property rights in goods and services supplied by the Company are owned by the Company and that the Customer acquires no intellectual property rights over in any goods or services provided by the Company to the Customer.
- The Customer agrees that the dealings between the Customer and the Company are and shall remain strictly confidential and shall not be disclosed by either party to any other people.
- Exceptions include anyone who needs to know this information in order for proper business to occur including but not limited to accounts, lawyers and authorised subcontractors. These people will also be bound by this confidentiality clause.
- Force Majeure
The Company shall not be liable for any direct , indirect special or consequential loss or damage of any kind arising from non-delivery or delay in delivery of any goods or services caused by acts of God, riot or civil commotion, strike, lock out, labour disputes, fire, flood, drought, power restrictions, government acts, act of terrorism, delays in transport, breakdown in materials, or other supplies obtained from third parties or any cause whatsoever beyond its control.