Shopping Cart
International Shipping available with DHL

Free deliver within Australia for orders over $100



A striker plate is the plate tat gets installed on the door jamb. It’s purpose is to receive the latch or bolt that is in the door. Striker plates are designed specifically for the lock or latch they come with and for this reason, they generally are not sold separately. Especially for mortice locks, striker plates are designed to line up with the bolt and latch of the mortice lock.

Some common types of strikers are:

d striker plate‘D’ strikers (named after the shape) are the most common striker plates used with latches. They are used on timber jambs.
‘T’ strikers (also named because of it’s shape) are used mainly for doors which are 38mm thick or more. They are most commonly used on steel frames (jambs) such as EzyJambs or commercial pressed metal door jambs.
Round striker plates are commonly found on doors that have pre-latched drive in latches. These are usually supplied with the door and jamb and are common with off the shelf doors. Based on the dimensions of these strikers, if you have these you cannot change to a different kind as there is generally larger than D or T type strikers and therefore is too much to patch.
tw125Electric strikes are used when a digital method is required for access. These work by having a solenoid that blocks the tongue from moving. When an electric signal is sent, the solenoid pulls back and allows the tongue to be pushed open. These are commonly found on offices and entrance to apartment buildings.
Leave a Reply
The Lock and Handle